Friday, June 15, 2012

Fruits of Repentance

"...that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance." Acts 26:20

The goodness of God leads to repentance - such was highlighted for me in my devotions this morning.  In Luke 13:6-9 Jesus tells a parable about what happens to the tree that bears no fruit, and this fruit seems to be fruit that corresponds to works "befitting befitting repentance" as judging from what Jesus says immediately before in verse 5. True repentance comes from knowing the greatness of God, and knowing the greatness of God should lead us to produce abundant fruit, these are the works that display our faith in Christ our Lord. With this, I must analyze, am I displaying such fruit as that people can see that I've repented from the sin that has entangled me? By His mercy I am saved, and thus I wish for others to see this - I wish for others to see the fruit produced by knowing my God.

Prayer.  This is what produces these fruits in me, and this is how others may see and hear of God's goodness - prayer that the Lord will go before us and prepare the hearts to be as "good soil" and receive the implanted Word of God. Prayer is how I must begin each morning. 

Some students at the School of Promise are christians, while others aren't.  Although the School of Promise is a Christian atmosphere, when the students go home they are surrounded by a culture that entirely contrasts that which they are presented with at school. The beautiful part is that the teachers and staff are all dedicated to displaying these fruits - showing the love of Christ to the students.  I feel so limited in my ability to present the gospel being that I know no Thai, but I remember that it is the Lord who works, not I, and may the students see the fruits from repentance that His goodness has lead me to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment