Sunday, January 20, 2013

Lists & Reading.

Books of the Law - Pentateuch
Genesis
Exodus
Leviticus
Numbers
Deuteronomy

Books of History
Joshua
Judges
Ruth
1 Samuel
2 Samuel
1 Kings
2 Kings
1 Chronicles
2 Chronicles
Ezra
Nehemiah
Esther

Books of Wisdom
Job
Psalm
Proverbs
Ecclesiastes
Song of Solomon

Books of Prophesy
Isaiah
Jeremiah
Lamentations
Ezekiel
Daniel
Hosea
Joel
Amos
Obadiah
Jonah
Micah
Nahum
Habakkuk
Zephaniah
Haggai
Zechariah
Malachi

The above mentioned may be something that you are familiar with - the way the Old Testiment is broken down, developing four separate sections where the Word of God is recorded in different means.  While I am somewhat familiar with it, I haven't previously went out of my way to look into it, or even see how the different sections converge.
  
But, I'm starting a new Bible Reading Plan.

Professor Horner's 10 List Bible Reading Plan, where the entire bible is broken into ten lists that, if participating, you read one chapter from each per day (ten chapters per day).  The four lists I mentioned above, make up four of the Lists in this plan, so while reading Genesis, you're also reading Joshua, Job, and Isaiah.  There is a slight change, because Prof. Horner takes out Psalms and Proverbs, making these each into their own lists - so basically you read through Psalms and Proverbs every month.  

I'm getting ahead of myself. What I really wanted to share is how excited I am to start this plan, and excited to see what becomes of it.  My sister +Rebecca Wessel will be participating with me, and God willing we will together hold one another accountable.  

I encouarage you to look into it at: Professor Horner's Bible Reading Plan.
Many Blessing!   

No comments:

Post a Comment