Sunday, July 8, 2012

Church Planting and Waterfalls

So I've slowly been reading through Joshua, and thus I came upon chapter 22 yesterday, and continued meditating on it today.  Basically we see the Reubeites, Gadites and half the tribe of Manasseh following God and they're ready to get land.  Really, I recommend reading it because you see this little conflict that arrises because of an alter they build, and everyone is thinking that they are worshiping and offering sacrifices to false gods - something that resonates with me here in Thailand considering the mass amounts of idol worship, and the food sacrifices they leave in front of little "prayer houses" every morning.  But this was not the case here. 
Suddenly, as you continue to read, you realize that this isn't the case with these people, but rather they want to also worship the one true God, and use it as a witness for their children, and children's children lest they forget who saved them.  
Immediately upon reading this I was thinking about church planting.  The goal of church planting is for the church (remember that a church is the body of believers) to get to a point of self sustaining.  In the core values of Pioneers, they say, "We want to see new believers united in fellowship with other believers, forming churches that plant churches ... (Core Values, Pioneers.org)." Basically, you are there to help the people know God, and help them start a local church, and equip them to be able to share the gospel with others, and grow the local church.  
Joshua 22 reminded me of this because I got to thinking how these people, the Reubeites, Gadites and half the tribe of Manasseh understand God as the one true God, and wanted this to be passed down to their ancestors.  That is amazing! 
In a different context, can you imagine being a type of witness where you see people who previously didn't know the Lord at all become so passionate that they will take deliberate measures to make sure He is known, all because God used you to share the gospel with them.  
When I read it I was almost in tears with Joy that it brought me, and even typing that now - what a blessing to share in such a witness, what a blessing to be such a testament of God's grace, what a blessing to be part of the growth of the church of God, what a blessing to see more of the Saints come to know Him, that when the end times come, we can sing together, unified, to God to whom all glory belongs.  







So that is something that has been on my heart for the past two days, and I'm glad to share it with you.  On a slightly less spiritual note, yesterday Scott, Sarah and I went to the falls.  These were the same falls that I went to with Jocelyn and the kids 2 maybe 3 weeks ago, except this time, we actually went in, and I thought you'd like to see some pictures ... so I created a small collage:










The falls were beautiful, and we enjoyed swimming in them! I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed writing it! 








No comments:

Post a Comment